Saturday, October 15, 2011

Monkey In the House??

Hello All,
I have pretty good evidence that there was a monkey in my bedroom last Sunday!  Jim and the boys had left for 2 nights of camping in the Adedares (more to follow below) and I had gone for a walk with Sallie and a friend.  When I got back, I noticed a small "turd" on the window sill.  I thought to myself, "Why would Jim put this on the window sill?"  I was thinking that maybe Frodo, the dog, had "done something" on the floor and Jim picked it up and put it on the window sill.  So, I got a paper towel and picked it up.   It was not hard and dry as I suspected.  It was soft and warm!  It also had seeds in it.  Hummm, I thought.  Then I heard something on the roof.  I walked into the kitchen and there looking at me through the big window was a small monkey peering over the roof top!  He was essentially saying, "Did you find my gift?"  Not sure that one has ever happened to me before!

Jim and the boys had a great time (OK, Trevor had a so-so time) camping last week end.  Trevor had to put up with "munchkins" for 2 days solid - AJ, Nick, Mitch and Jonathan where are you when we need you! They saw some very cool animals and great waterfalls.  They came back very dirty but happy!  Here are some pictures:


Trevor, Craig, Nathan, Aaron, Timothy


Chameleon

African Forest Elephant

Bushbuck with a Francolin

The African Crown Eagle


Timothy and Nathan


Jackson's Francolin

Water Buck


As soon as they got home on Tues at noon, I had Jim's schedule packed tight with meetings, etc!  He was not happy with me.  It just goes to show the pace of this last week.  We have been admittedly, overloaded!  Last night came around (pizza night of course) and I just made pizza for our family (making only 3 seems to take only about 5 minutes!) and we sat and did nothing.  What a joy!

Sallie and I had a good time riding last Monday.  We went to Karen and there was a small stable where we rented horses for an hour.  It is definitely not the same as having your own, but the horses were nice enough and well cared for. 


Here is a picture of a sunset from our house.  It is very beautiful here at times.  Yesterday and today are like rainy, cold Washington days though! 


We are headed to Naivasha this afternoon though and it is always warm there.  Trevor is going over there with the jazz band from RVA to play at a festival.  They all have these white Fedora hats and they wear black pants and shirts - Very Cool!

Please pray this week for:
1.  the needs of the people here.  They pray everyday for their "daily bread"
2. The Bethany Kids wing project - the board is in the process of deciding whether to continue with the project at all or scale it back or proceed with it but in phases.
3. The Mother Child Health building - we are building with the Stabilized Soil Bricks, and are finding challenges.
4. The new Incinerator is coming early (in 2 weeks barring import delays in South Africa) and we are not ready with the building or the road.  Please pray for diligence and peace (this one is really stressing Jim!)

Update for the operating room troubles:  They have started using that room again with adults with no issues.  They are continuing with caution though.  Jim and I are going to be writing a report and formal "lessons learned" paper just like we did in the Navy.  We are also looking at putting in a scavanging system to suck the air out of the exit tube (instead of gravity flow out).

Thank you so much for all of your support!  We couldn't be here with out you!

In His Hands,
Jullie T.


No comments:

Post a Comment