Saturday, January 5, 2013

Big Hairy Thing!

Hello All,
Hope you had a great first week of 2013. Most people that we work with are still not back, so we think next week we will actually get rolling on most of the projects.  I thought this was an interesting picture of a wheelchair that I found at the hospital.  It was out back and, I think, no longer in use:

 

Jim turned 51this past week! Wow, is he old! We had a nice gathering at a friend's house. She cooked dinner and made dessert. I had a lovely day. Jim only got 5 candles on his cake because we would have needed a really big cake!

Jim's 51st Birthday

I forgot to post last week about what a nice time we had at Rose's house at Christmas (actually the 23rd).  We went to church with her, and we actually got up and sang Noel, Noel with her family.  Then we went to her house for a really nice meal.  She was so gracious and had roasted goat and gave Mom and I each a very nice bag.  It was a big deal for her to prepare all of that.  The boys each got a car (from Timothy of course) and they were so excited!  They were "brumming" all over the house.  Yvonne received a really nice doll that Mom had brought from the states that some of her friends helped buy.  It has long hair and Yvonne was so excited! (I don't have a picture of her with it - sorry).

Rose and Yvonne
 

The boys getting cars

Rose opening her gift


This is something that I intentionally did not post till my mother got home (to Arizona - far from here!).  My neighbor posted something that made me really laugh back in November.  It said, "You know you're in Africa when your neighbor yells 'Its Big, Its Hairy and its in my house!' and she is not talking about her husband!"  Then she had this picture:


I found this on my front door as I was trying to enter the house!  We were getting ready to leave and Trevor was inside and very confused as to why I was screaming.  He thought is could be a snake but it was only a spider as big as my hand!  In our research, we found out it is a tarantula, or a baboon spider as they call them here.  It is harmful, but will not kill you and they are not super fast.  Jim was able to catch it in a Tupperware container and send it up to the science lab of the school with some sophomore boys that were next door.  They thought it was very cool.  I did not!  I wanted to leave this little piece of news till Mom was gone so she could sleep at night!

The Bethany Kids Wing contractor started back in full force this week.  They had been gone for 2 weeks and came back to find the holes for the foundations had filled to the brim with water!  This got them to source a big pump that they had been needing to pump them all out:



Jim is gearing up to hit the ground (literally) hard this next month.  We hope to be showing you columns soon.

Sallie found this recipe in our cookbook:

"Recipe for a Happy Family"
1 Husband
1 Wife
children
1 Bible for each
3 cups of love (packed)
Generous portions of prayer
1 package of play
1 T of patience
1 T of understanding
2 T of forgiveness
1 small paddle
1 C kisses

Mix all well and sprinkle with awareness.  Bake in the moderate oven of everyday life.   Turn out on plate of cheerfulness.  Garnish with tears and laughter, and in large servings serve God and one another.

We thought the patience should be 1 C and not 1 T!  And we needed to add some hugs!

Have a great week.

In His Hands,

Jullie T.

One last picture of a cool dragon fly we saw:









No comments:

Post a Comment