Saturday, February 2, 2013

Relationship with Self, Family, Friends and God

Hello All,
Can't believe it is Feb already!  The time just flies by. 
We think the BK wing contractor is picking up the pace. They seem to be at least not getting any further behind. This week they poured the first column bases. That is exciting! And, a team with BK (the Vision Quest team) was here to see it. They are a group from the states that supports the BK vision in many respects.
 

getting the platform ready for the pour

One of several cement mixers that broke!

Jim explaining the "Vision" to the Vision Quest Team

actually pouring


Men in cement.  They are happy!
 
 
I went to an AIM (Africa Inland Mission) ladies retreat last week end.  It is always great to get a way even for just a bit to reflect with like minded women.  The speaker was Kamalini from Chicago.  She spoke about relationships.  Relationship with self, with family, with friends, with others, with God. 
 
God uniquely created me.  I am eternally valuable.
 
Ps 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
NIV
 
God placed me in His family.  I am unconditionally accepted.

1 Peter 2:9
9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
NIV


God gifted me to fulfill His purpose.  I am uniquely significant.

Eph 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
NIV


I really enjoyed hearing how:
1.  He loves me unconditionally, so that I can love unconditionally,
2. He forgives me, so that I can forgive,
3. He gives me Hope with His promise of salvation
4. He gives my life meaning and purpose for serving Him.

The little cabin 4 of us stayed in

some of the ladies at dinner
 
 
Timothy and Sallie went to Nairobi last week end to swim in celebration (continuing) of Timothy's birthday.  There is a nice swim park at a local mall.  Timothy took a friend (JT) and so did Sallie (Emily).  Jim thoroughly enjoyed himself as they were all occupied and he was able to sit under a tree in the shade and read his book with a cool drink!   Ahhh, life is good!
 



I have finally advanced to the modern age.  I joined facebook this week.  So, look for me (remember Jullie is with 2 l's), and add me to your friends.  I was so excited one morning I got on my computer and I had 55 new friends!  Wow, I must be popular!  But really, it has been nice seeing posts from all of you.  I was even able to post a video that I will add here.  It is about the mission of the hospital.  It is very good and even mentions how they need infrastructure and buildings (Jim and my's part) to do what they need to do.  But, the most important thing is what they do for the people who need their help.  This video highlights a lady who has breast cancer and her journey here.  Just click the link below:

Kijabe Video featuring Wanjiru


We have some more EMI people coming this week.  One set early in the week to deliver this hospital's master plan and another coming later this week.  This second group is working to design a master plan for another mission organization out in west Kenya.  They are coming here to see the Kijabe vision and to have their out brief with their board members.  It is always good to connect with other EMI members!

The elections are coming up next month and things are heating up.  Please pray that they will go smoothly and that the new leaders will be honourable and have a heart for God and this country.

Next week end starts the run up to Banquet.  Most of the junior parents will be here on campus as all of the rest of the students and staff go on mid term break to help with the building of sets, making of food and all sorts of other things that need to be done.  I am on logistics committee, Trevor is with entertainment and Jim is on sets.  We will be working all week end and then some to get things ready! 

Have a great week.  We are all so blessed to be able to have a relationship with a God who loves us!

In His Hands,
Jullie T.


No comments:

Post a Comment