Saturday, March 14, 2015

Fear Free Day

Hello All,
We are well and finally thawing out here in Michigan.  It actually reached 49 degrees here the other day!  You can see grass is some spots on the ground.  The bad part is that now I have to send the boy out to pick up a winter's load of dog poop that has accumulated!   It's good to have kids sometimes!

So, I have made the plunge and am going to run a marathon in October!  I never really wanted to do this and have always thought those people were a bit crazy (and maybe they are), but this one I have a connection with.  I am going to run with the Oasis for Orphans team (see their web site here).  I have to raise $1000 for the team that will all go towards running the orphanages.  It is such a great cause.  Jim and I realized while being in Kenya, that education for kids is so important and so hard to achieve.  Oasis for Orphans is an organization that puts kids with sponsors that provide not only finances but a relationship.  We have seen it in action and really believe in what they are doing.  It will be an honor to be in pain for them!  More on the bumps and bruises that are to come later.

The kids and I do a Co-op on Thursdays.  They are both taking an art class.  I joined in on it too since it looked like fun and has an excellent teacher.  Here is a picture of my first real pastel painting:



It was so much fun to do and I think it turned out OK.

Our new pastor at Crossroads is a great speaker.  A few weeks ago, he spoke about the "Demolition of Fear" using John 14:27-31.  Jesus gives His peace to overcome our fear.  John 14: 27  "peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; I do not give it to you as the world does.  Do not let your hearts be distressed or lacking in courage."  The special peace that he give to us will help us overcome our fears.  Col 3:15 "Let the peace of Christ be in control in your heart..... and be thankful."  Jesus' peace comes from being in the presence of the Father.  Fears that we face include:  the unknown, loss, painful memories, challenges, situations that we are unprepared for, physical harm, death.  Being a Christian does not mean that I (or others) don't fear.  We all do.  It is the hope and peace that we have by being in a relationship with the Father that can help us through it!  Here is a great song by Chris Tomlin:  Whom Shall I Fear?

Last week was a big one for Timothy.  He had a Math Counts competition.  They have been preparing since September.  His team came in 2nd and he came in 6th!  They did a great job and he overcame some fears of preforming in front of people!  So proud of him.  He also had a Band Festival competition.  I got to go and chaperone some 60 7th and 8th graders.  We had a great day and their band did great.

Sallie is off this whole weekend to a pony club quiz rally.  She is in Indiana with a group of young ladies and some moms.  She is familiar with these kids but doesn't really know them well, so I am praying that she will have a great time and make some new friends.  So proud of her to step out there and go!

Jim started on a new project with his job this week.  He will be in Detroit at the John D Dingell VA Hospital installing an angiography lab.  If you want to know what that is, here is a link to the wiki page.  He is still enjoying it for the most part.  It is satisfying to him to work with professionals.  This includes his home office.  They seem to know what they have in him and acknowledge him.  That is nice.

Jim got something off of his list first thing this morning (imagine that)!  We have this beautiful stained glass window that my father's wonderful wife Carol made for us many years ago.  It was designed to go into another house that we lived in but when we built this one, we made sure it would fit. We just never got around to installing it.  It turned out great!  





Hope you have a fear free day!  Trust in Him and it will help.  And, you can pray for me as I start training for this run - why am I doing this?  Oh yea, it's for the kids!

In His Hands,
Jullie T

No comments:

Post a Comment