Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yea It's Saturday!

We made it to Saturday - Thank you Lord for little things!
The kids had a good week of school.  There are events going on often up at the school.  This morning there were field hockey and basket ball games going on along with concession that were selling hamburgers and coke-colas and such.  It is a beautiful sunny day and it was fun to get up there and walk around and eat things that were totally not good for us.

We were able to find a car to buy this week too.  It is a rugged older SUV - Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.  Here is a picture of it with Sallie (yes, she has duct tape on her mouth - do not ask me why)!


Now we should be able to get out and do some exploring.  They drive on the left here, so the car is right hand drive.  I took my first ride around Kijabe yesterday and survived!  The hardest part is when you turn a corner.  You have to stay to the left - it just seems unnatural!

I have to tell you all what happened the other day on my morning walk.  I have been walking Sallie up to school and then continuing to walk the guard track that goes around the perimeter of the school.  It is very steep in parts.  They other day I saw baboons on the track.  One was rather large and did not seem phased by me, so I decided to turn around.  I asked the guards about them and they said not to worry just carry a big stick!  So, the next day I had my stick.  I ran into them again and they all scattered except for the big one.  Since he was off the path by a few feet, I got up my nerve and just kept walking.  He was only about 10 feet from me, but just watched as I passed.  Hopefully the stick will do it's job!  Jim and I walked yesterday and saw some black and white colobus monkeys.  They were so pretty.  I will try and get a picture next time.

In His Hands,
Jullie T.

No comments:

Post a Comment